This example discusses how to connect Tableau to a Netezza database.
- Select to open the Connect to Data page.
- Select Netezza.
- Follow the steps in the Netezza Connection dialog box to complete the connection.
- Step 1 – Type the name of the server that hosts the database.
- Step 2 – Enter the database name that you want to connect to.
- Step 3 – Enter your username and password to log on to the server.
- Step 4 – Test the connection.
If the connection is successful, Tableau will alert you. If the connection is unsuccessful, verify that your user name and password are correct. If the connection continues to fail, your computer is having trouble locating the server. Contact your network administrator or database administrator.
- Step 5 – Select a table or view from the database.
Netezza databases can contain multiple tables and views. Specify which table or view within the database you want to connect to. You can also connect to multiple tables or a specific query by selecting the Multiple Tables and Custom SQL options.
- Step 6 – Give the connection a name for use in Tableau.
Specify a unique name for the connection. The default name is automatically generated based.
A completed Connection dialog box for Netezza is shown below.